There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are quite able to learn obedience skills, toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
We are very fortunate to have our own qualified veterinary nurse, Megan Garrett, providing an effective Puppy Pre-school program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. With Megan's progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour.
- Learn how to read your puppy's body language and respond appropriately.
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development.
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas.
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy.
- Teach your puppy some important 'do not' lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together.
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about Puppy Pre-school is to 'start early'. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome.
Classes run over a 4-week course. Please note that a minimum number of pups must be booked in before we can arrange for a course to commence.
So start today and give your pet the best start in life. Enrol your puppy in our local Puppy Pre-school classes today by calling the clinic on (02) 4472 8877.